Ahmet Onat received B.Sc. in Electronics and Communication, Istanbul Technical University (ITU), 1991. He worked at the same department as research associate between 1991-1992. In 1992, he received scholarship from the Japanese Government and completed his M.Sc. and Ph.D in Artificial Intelligence, Kyoto University (Japan), 1995, 1999, respectively. He later worked as a postdoctoral researcher on the emergent gait patterns of myriapod walking robots between 1999 and 2000. Since September 2000, he is with Mechatronics department, Sabanci University Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences as associate professor.
Sabanci University, Faculty Member, Mechatronics 2000-.
Kyoto University (Japan), Postdoctoral Researcher 1999-2000,
Istanbul Technical University, Research Associate 1991-1992
- Embedded systems, Internet of Things, real-time systems, real-time communication,
- Reinforcement learning for dynamic systems,
- Coordination of autonomous underwater robots.
- Linear synchronous motor design and drive methods,
- Networked control systems,
- Previously: Artificial neural networks.
I am looking for Ms and PhD students in the areas:
Office phone: +90 216 483 9538
Fax: +90 216 483 9550
Room: MDBF 1064
Last updated Dec 2011