For current students at Sabanci University: If you would like to discuss research opportunities in our research team, please send Professor Ow-Yang an email describing your interests with a copy of your CV.
For prospective graduate study applicants: Interested students should apply to the graduate program in the Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences. Application information can be found here. Do please send Professor Ow-Yang an email indicating your interest with a copy of your CV and publications.
Interested post-docs should send an email indicating your interest with a copy of your CV and publications to Professor Ow-Yang.
If you have any of the following skills and experience, please mention them in your email and give details:
· Undergraduate and/or graduate coursework in materials science, optics/photonics, applied physics, chemistry, and mechanical engineering.
· Research experience as an undergraduate or master's student
· Experimental experience with materials synthesis (colloidal, polymer, and thin film techniques) and characterization
· Experimental TEM and AFM experience in research
· Experimental optics experience, in research or laboratory classes
· Experimental microfabrication experience, experience working in a cleanroom
· Experience in building equipment
· Experience with electronics instrumentation, in research or laboratory classes.
· Scientific programming and/or familiarity with LabView, MatLab, Mathematica, and C++ software
· Strong verbal and written English communication skills
· Teaching experience
· Leadership and teamwork experience (non-academic activities included)