Bilal Cantürk Graduate Student
Fırat Diker Graduate Student
Solomon Brhanu Samuel Graduate Student
Özgür Bozat PhD
Barış Çakmak PhD
Göktuğ Karpat PhD
İskender Yalçınkaya PhD
Melis Pahalı MS (Istanbul Technical University)
Past Postdoctoral Researchers
A. Levent Subaşı
Quantum Entanglement and Decoherence
Scientific and Technological Research Council of
European Cooperation in Science and Technology (COST)
· Quantum correlations in a few-atom spin-1 Bose-Hubbard model, B. Çakmak, G. Karpat, and Z. Gedik, Physica Scripta T153, 014008 (2013).
· Invariant quantum discord in qubit-qutrit systems under local dephasing, G. Karpat and Z. Gedik, Physica Scripta T153, 014036 (2013).
· Application of the no-signaling principle to obtain quantum cloners for any allowed value of fidelity, Z. Gedik and B. Çakmak, Physical Review A 87, 042314 (2013).
· Quantum discord of SU(2) invariant states, B. Çakmak and Z. Gedik, Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical 46, 465302 (2013).
· Computational speed-up with a single qutrit, Z. Gedik, arXiv:1403.5861 [quant-ph] (see 1) Determining the parity of a permutation using an experimental NMR qutrit, S. Dogra, Arvind, and K. Dorai, Physics Letters A 378, 3452 (2014), 2) Linear optical demonstration of quantum speed-up with a single qudit, X. Zhan, J. Li, H. Qin, Z. Bian,and P. Xue, Optics Express 23, 18422 (2015), 3) Demonstration of quantum permutation algorithm with a single photon ququart, F. Wang, Y. Wang, R. Liu, D. Chen, P. Zhang, H. Gao,and F. Li, Scientific Reports 5,10995 (2015) 4) Realization of quantum permutation algorithm in high dimensional Hilbert space, D. X. Chen, R. F. Liu, P. Zhang, Y. L. Wang, H. R. Li, H. Gao, and F. L. Li, Chinese Physics B 26, 060305 (2017), 5) Optimization and experimental realization of quantum permutation algorithm, İ. Yalçınkaya and Z. Gedik, Physical Review A 96, 062339 (2017), 6) Optimal control of hybrid qubits: Implementing the quantum permutation algorithm, C. M. Rivera-Ruiz, E. F. de Lima, F. F. Fanchini, V. Lopez-Richard, and L. K. Castelano, Physical Review A 97, 032332 (2018)).
For a short presentation of (probably) the simplest quantum algorithm see the PDF file.
For a comprehensive catalog of quantum algorithms visit the Quantum Algorithm Zoo.
· Computational speed-up in a single qudit NMR quantum information processor, I. A. Silva, B. Çakmak, G. Karpat, E. L. G. Vidoto, D. O. Soares-Pinto, E. R. deAzevedo, F. F. Fanchini, and Z. Gedik, arXiv:1406.3579 [quant-ph].
· Computational speed-up with a single qudit, Z. Gedik, I. A. Silva, B. Çakmak, G. Karpat, E. L. G. Vidoto, D. O. Soares-Pinto, E. R. deAzevedo, and F. F. Fanchini, Scientific Reports 5, 14671 (2015) (combined version of arXiv:1403.5861 [quant-ph] and arXiv:1406.3579 [quant-ph]).
· Qubit state transfer via discrete-time quantum walks, İ. Yalçınkaya and Z. Gedik, Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical 48, 225302 (2015).
selected for the cover image of volume 48, issue 22.
Organized Conferences and Schools
1 11 June 2003, Istanbul, Turkey
10 23 August 2009
Institute of Theoretical and Applied Physics (ITAP)
Turunç Marmaris, Turkey
29 31 July 2015
Feza Gürsey Summer School
Kandilli Istanbul, Turkey
26 September 2020
2 6 November 2020
22 23 April 2021