Awards, Memberships, Visits
- IEEE 2004-
- Steinbeis GMBH, Steinbeis Turkey, Steinbeis Sabanci University Mechatronics 2004-
- ABIGEM; European Union Business Development Center, Development Consultant. 2005-
- Kyoto Shimbun Company (Kyoto Newspaper), financial support
towards the doctoral degree award, 1998.
- Highest level certificate in the Japanese language level proficiency test 1999
- FP6 project proposal support grant, TUBITAK. Subject: “Design and prototyping of sensor networks to be used in disaster rescue.” 2004.
- Best paper award: International Conference on Complex Medical Engineering ICME CME2014, Sandor Markon, Ahmet Onat, Satoshi Maekawa "Multi-Modal Interaction for Medical Visualization with Floating Images"
- Best paper award: International Conference on Complex Medical Engineering 2015, Sandor Markon, Satoshi Maekawa, Ahmet Onat, "Context oriented medical visualization with floating images"
International Research Visits
Last update: June. 2015
- 2001 August. Kyoto University, Japan. Data acquisition in the
walking experiments of Myriapod walking robot, design and
implementation of non-holonomic robot with vision
- 2004 August, Maribor University Slovenia. Fast prototyping in
- 2006 August/September, Kyoto University Japan. Distributed
control in legged robots.
- 2010 August, National Institute of Information and Communications
Technology, Kyoto, Japan. Development work on robot assisted 3D
- 2012 April, Malardalen Univ. Erasmus staff exchange.